Sunday, January 17, 2010

A few weeks ago,

the kids and I went to visit Grandpa Jack in Pinehurst. For those of you who don't know, Pinehurst is a major golfing place.

The drive there was nice, even if over cast. The kids were watching their tvs in the back, and I could have two hours of enjoying peace and quiet!



We had lunch at Golden Corral. I like it for several reasons, first there are none around here. Two, the kids get to pick and try different things, and I can eat vegetables. Third they have an AMAZING desert bar, and of course that would make me happy. I'm trying to figure out why I'm such a sugar freak. Answers hopefully at my next dr. appt.









Yes, Jack is eating ice cream .... and he even shared some with the kids.... who of course ate it up!




Nothing to do with the visit, this was a bread I made on a Sunday morning. Loved kneading the dough. Totally made me think of my Friend Joj and made me want to do it again.





Before lunch we had done a treasure hunt in Jack's apartment. It was super cool. He had written 10 different hiding places on a piece of paper and Sydoux had to read each to find the chocolates! She would read and Bex would help find them. Great time for both.

After lunch we went to play some golf!!! It is soooo cute to see the kids try to hit those little balls. We had brought one of the kids gold clubs, so at least that was their size. Sydoux did really well. She is starting to get an idea of how the game is played. Well, at least on the putting green! Bex was just happy.




The Happy Golfers




Sis and Bro




Mr Sunshine





Then we had the obligatory golf cart ride. Can I tell you that they look forward to that all day.
Eating ... whatever .... when is the golf cart ride???
Playing golf, sure that is fun but .... when is the golf cart ride.

You get the idea.







All in all is was a great day. The kids got candy, they played outside, they rode the golf cart, they told Jack 'I love you Grandpa' I don't know how many times (even if sometimes he did not hear it). We could talk a bit while they were playing. Jack also gave the kids an electronic keyboard/piano thing. Sydoux has been playing it rather often since. Another year and I'm thinking of some piano lesson for her.


Tons of stuff going on. Thanks for reading.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment